Even though it’s technically still fall, winter’s chill is upon us. We’ve had snow already, and chances are, you’ve put your furnace to use. It’s important in our area to have a heating system that’s in good working order once the cold weather hits. There are measures you can take to ensure your heating system is working properly, and one of the best things you can do is to make sure you get the annual maintenance you need.
Why is heating system maintenance so important? Well, there are several reasons. Most of the time, people don’t really know what maintenance is all about. They might not really see the necessity of it as a result, but getting the proper furnace maintenance can help you get the most out of your system, and reduces the likelihood of needing repairs during the winter.
5 Reasons to Call for Heating System Maintenance
If you haven’t gotten your maintenance yet, there’s no better time than the present – here are five reasons you should call your heating contractor and schedule an appointment today:
- Heating system maintenance can help your furnace, boiler or heat pump operate more efficiently. Heating systems can get a buildup of dirt and debris that can make it harder for them to run. Annual maintenance provides system cleaning that makes your system operate more easily – and as a result, more efficiently.
- Getting maintenance can help catch small problems before they become larger ones. By having a qualified technician check out your heating system on an annual basis, you’ll be more likely to catch small problems. And that can save you from the headache and expense of a larger repair or replacement.
- You’ll have better indoor air quality when you keep your equipment maintained. Part of preventive maintenance is cleaning or changing of your heating system’s filter. That not only allows your system to operate more efficiently, but also helps keep it from blowing dirty air around your home.
- Heating maintenance helps maintain your warranty. You might not realize it, but chances are preventive maintenance is a stipulation on your heating system’s manufacturers warranty. If you don’t get the required maintenance, it could void your warranty – and cost you money down the road.
- Your system will likely last longer. That’s because maintenance service includes a system cleaning, which helps remove buildup, gunk and dirt from your system. This allows the mechanical parts of your system to work better and more smoothly, helping preserve your system and allowing it operate more effectively and efficiently.
Count on Petcosky & Sons to be your full-service heating contractor this winter.
Aside from heating system maintenance, we’re also pleased to provide our customers with heating repair and installation services as well. So, no matter what your heating concerns this winter, we’re ready to help. Just call our trusted team at Petcosky & Sons at (607) 797-0160, and we’ll be more than happy to assist you.