Do you have an area in your home that could benefit from air conditioning during the hot summer months, but where there is little or no access to ductwork? Could be you’ve recently converted a garage or an attic, finished a basement, or built an addition. You created those spaces to be enjoyed. Of course you want them as cool and comfortable as the rest of your home! But without ductwork, you might feel like you don’t have a lot of options. Fortunately, there is a solution – ductless cooling!
The main benefit of ductless air conditioning is that it can be installed in areas where ductwork is impractical or impossible, so that you can get the cooling you need, anywhere in your home. You’ll be able to enjoy year-round comfort, too, because there are also ductless systems that can provide air conditioning in the summer, and heat in the cooler weather. Not to mention, with mini-split systems, it is possible to add ductless to your entire home, making comfort precise and creating zoning that allows for better efficiency and energy savings.
There are many great advantages to choosing our ductless systems for your home.
Why choose a ductless system for either your single space or for your entire home? To take advantage of the many benefits this type of home comfort system has to offer, including:
- Comfort Control: Ductless systems are usually easily operated via a remote control. There are some configurations that hook into your home’s Wi-Fi. This allows you to control them via an app from your smartphone or device – even when you’re not home!
- Quick Installation: Ductless systems are fairly simple to install, with a minimal amount of construction work or mess. Because they don’t need ductwork to operate, most of the time the only construction work required is a three-inch hole drilled that will allow your technician to connect the indoor and outdoor components.
- Year-Round Use: While you can get ductless air conditioning only, as we said above it also is available in a configuration that can both heat and cool. This is because these types of ductless systems use heat pump technology, which moves heat rather than generates it. And that makes ductless super-efficient.
- Energy Efficient: As we mentioned, ductless systems are built to be extremely efficient. They’re more efficient than window AC or space heaters, and can even help to balance your home’s current HVAC system. That helps your existing system provide optimal comfort and energy savings.
- Consumer Friendly: Of course your ductless system will keep you comfortable. But ductless is also whisper-quiet. That way, you can enjoy that comfort without the noise (like you might get from a window unit, for instance.) And, it is generally mounted on the ceiling or high on the wall, blending in with your living space.
How can I learn more about ductless cooling and heating for my home?
Getting the ductless system you need is as easy as calling Petcosky & Sons. We’re pleased to offer quality-crafted Carrier® products that are built to keep you comfortable, maintain energy efficiency and to last. Just call our trusted team at Petcosky & Sons at (607) 797-0160, and we’ll be more than happy to schedule an appointment with you to see if ductless is the right choice for your home.