Boiler repairs don’t always happen when it’s most convenient for the homeowner, and usually they occur when it’s coldest outside. That’s because on those chilly days and nights, the boiler in your Binghamton, NY home is working overtime – and that can tax your boiler, especially if it already doesn’t operate as well as it used to. At Petcosky & Sons, we understand how disruptive a boiler breakdown can be, which is why we specially train out technicians to provide you with the boiler repairs you need quickly, professionally and with your family’s safety and comfort in mind.
We have a lot of experience in the field of home comfort; in fact, we’ve been helping people with their home heating needs for three generations. We have the experience and the know-how to help you with your boiler repair needs, so that you and your family can stay comfortable, even when the weather in Binghamton, NY is frightful. One of the main reasons we’ve been in business for so long is because we always have made keeping customers happy our top priority. We go beyond just coming in and repairing your boiler – we offer you ways that you can keep a breakdown from happening in the first place.
Most of the time, when a boiler breaks down, it’s because there’s been an underlying problem brewing, and your boiler needs to swing back into action after months of little or no use. Here are some common issues, and why they occur:
- Your boiler isn’t producing heat or hot water. There are many things that could be causing this issue. Some of the most common include broken diaphragms, low water levels and malfunctioning valves.
- Your unit is experiencing drips or leaks. Looking for where the leak originates can help determine the cause of the leak, and what needs to be done to repair it.
- Your boiler is making a banging, whistling or gurgling sound. This is likely caused by low water pressure, air in your system, or kettling (steam buildup) inside your unit.
- Your boiler’s pilot light doesn’t stay lit. This can be as simple as an air draft near the system extinguishing the flame, or more complicated like a broken air seal or damaged thermocouple.
- There’s an issue with water pressure. A loss in water pressure is usually due to a leak in the system, failure of the pressure relief valve or failure of the expansion vessel.
- The condensate pipe is frozen. During colder weather, the condensate pipe can freeze, which can cause your boiler to break down as well as a host of other plumbing concerns.
- Your boiler experiences kettling. Kettling, or steam buildup, is usually due to lime scale buildup from hard water.
When you experience a boiler breakdown for any reason, it’s important that you contact a professional right away. That way, further damage to your boiler is less likely to occur, and you can get the boiler repair you need to keep your home toasty. At Petcosky & Sons, our skilled team of technicians understands boilers inside and out, including several different makes and models. So, even if you didn’t purchase your boiler from us, it’s likely that we can provide you with the boiler repair needs for your Binghamton, NY home. We’re proud of the boiler repair services we offer, and we never consider the job done until you’re 100 percent satisfied with the work we’ve done for you.
When you need boiler services for your Binghamton, NY home, you can trust the experts at Petcosky & Sons to meet your needs. Just call the trusted team at Petcosky & Sons at (607) 797-0160, and we’ll be more than happy to assist you with all of your home’s boiler needs.