Anyone who has had to deal with a flood in his or her home knows the damage it can cause. Not only do you have to pay a lot of money to repair damages and replace items like furniture and appliances. Flooding can cause you to lose items that are irreplaceable, like family heirlooms and photos. Flooding due to natural causes can’t necessarily be avoided, which is unfortunate. But, what if you could easily prevent other types of floods in your home?
RestorationEze, a flood remediation conglomerate, says that many times when they’re called into water-damaged homes, the flooding happened because of leaky household appliances. They cite five common household appliances as the main culprits. Fortunately, at Petcosky & Sons we have a solution that can help keep these appliances from flooding – the FloodStop system.
FloodStop products help stop flood damage before it really starts. They automatically shut off the water supply to appliances whenever they start to leak. Not only that, FloodStop valves are of the highest quality – they are the only product of their kind that uses solid, lead-free brass motorized ball valves. In fact, they have been named one of Reader’s Digest’s top 100 new products. Available for every appliance in your home, FloodStop units can be powered either by batteries or AC.
Does FloodStop make valves for all of the most problematic appliances?
According to RestorationEze, the appliances below cause the most flooding in homes:
- Why do they flood? Refrigerators that are equipped with an ice machine are most prone to flooding. That’s because the water line that leads to the ice machine can become unattached. Therefore, you could be looking at some serious flood damage in your kitchen if the line detaches.
- Does FloodStop offer a solution? Yes! FloodStop makes a shut-off valve specifically for ice makers, installed by your Petcosky & Sons professional plumber.
- Why do they flood? Dishwashers most often overflow because someone used either too much or the wrong kind of soap. Another common cause is the strainer being clogged with food, debris and solidified detergent.
- Does FloodStop offer a solution? Yes! Petcosky & Sons will be happy to install a FloodStop unit on your dishwasher, so you won’t worry about a kitchen flood again!
- Why do they flood? There are many issues that can cause a washing machine to leak, including the inlet connections and the hose connections. Because of the large amount of water they use, a washing machine flood can be damaging.
- Does FloodStop offer a solution? They do! In fact, FloodStop offers two different models to ensure there is a solution for your washing machine valve configuration.
- Why do they flood? Water heater can flood for a variety of reasons – malfunctioning valves, leaky plumbing connections, and corrosion of the tank itself. While Petcosky & Sons can help you if you need a new hot water heater, we can also help if you’d like to prevent flooding.
- Does FloodStop offer a solution? Actually, FloodStop offers many models for all water heater sizes and configurations.
- Why do they flood? Clogged pipes or water float malfunction can cause your toilet to flood. (If you can’t clear a clog with the plunger, you can call Petcosky & Sons to help.)
- Does FloodStop offer a solution? Yes! Petcosky & Sons will be happy to install a FloodStop system on your toilet.
Additionally, FloodStop makes a system for sinks, as well as a whole-house system. Petcosky & Sons offers expert installation of all FloodStop products, giving you peace of mind knowing that flood damage to your home can be minimized. To learn more about the many innovative FloodStop products we’re able to install in your home, give us a call at 607.797.0160. We’ll be more than happy to help you get the flood prevention products you need for your home.